Helping Police Applicants to Learn Again
- Don't skip lectures - if you really want to learn.
- Take your time, do it step-by-step, line-by-line and minute-by-minute.
- Make your daily goals.
- When you get frustrated, think that you are learning to become better when you are trying to figure things out, and next time it will be easier to spot those errors.
- Don't give up, nothing good in life is easy and good things come with lots of sacrifice.
- Don't take this as work; enjoy every lecture and know that you are creating your future with everything you learn today.
- Take a lecture everyday, even if you don't have the time to write it down, but at least you watched it, and create this way you create new brain activity for learning more.
- When you finish one course, immediately take another, so you can create a habit for learning and not being lazy.
- Stop saying you don't have time, we all have time, we just have to create the space for learning.
- Lastly, I recommend to stay away from people in your life that do not support your learning or get in the way of you becoming more. If they are family members try to study first, then spend time with them since this could really mess things up for you in the long term.
- p.s. The more you learn the more valuable you become, for people and for the marketplace.
Edwin Diaz, coder, lifelong learner
I LOVE this part: "the more you learn, the more valuable you become".